Blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blisters

My fiances son came up with blisters on the bottom of one of his feet.  The daycare he goes to called CPS and said that it looked like he had been burned.  But he has never been burned.  I have been frantically searching the internet to try to find an explanation for these blisters.  I have come accross some stuff but nothing to helpfull.  If anyone knows anything that would cause a toddler to get blisters on the bottom of his foot could you please help!  My fiance is so hurt and upset by these allogations, if there is anyone out there that could help us it would be so greatly appreciated.  Thanks to all!
Blisters on the feet in children is most commonly due to hands, foot and mouth disease or contact dermatitis. It is an infection that is usually caused by a virus called the coxsackie A virus. It usually affects children under 10 years of age and often starts with a feeling of being unwell for a day or so. Then there is fever and typical blisters like rash on hands, foot and inside mouth.

As with other viral infections, antibiotics are not needed. Rest, plenty of fluids and acetaminophen if there is any fever is needed. I feel that you should consult a pediatrician and discuss it with him.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how your fiance’s son is doing or if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.
We took him to his doctor and all the doctor said was it could be a burn or it could be from his shoes rubbing his feet.  This is the same doctor who 8 months ago diagnosed him with a viral skin infection due to a rash on his legs and small sores on his back and arms.  When we took him back for his foot the doctor now says the rash which is still there is egzema.  Should we take him to a different doctor?  A dermatologist?
If there is any such persistent rash on the body which has been classified by a doctor as eczema then these blisters can be due to dyshidrotic eczema. Eczema is a form of chronic dermatitis (rash).Allergic reaction is one of the important causes of eczema. But the confirmation of diagnosis has to be done first.

Please consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

my son has blistering like rash on his hand. did you ever figure out what it was. I wonder if they could be the same thing? I have pics of his hand on my profile. please let me know if you have found anything helpful!