Dermatology Community
Blistery Rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blistery Rash

Hi,
     I recently got rashes on my arms, neck, and chest area 4 days ago on Saturday.   I quickly used hyrdrocortisone creams for the itchiness and to no avail my rashes continued.  I went to see my dr. on Monday and she prescribed an oral cream triamcinolone acetonide but again to no avail, the rashes continues.   My rashes on my arms are clustered in patches that looks blistery and it was feeling really painful due to the swelling.   I contacted my dr. again and she then prescribed  me10 mg prednisone  and today is the second day I took it.  The swelling has helped a bit but the itchiness continues.  The blister like rashes are still around both my wrists and  some patches on my inner arm.  My question is how long does it take for the prednisone to take effect for the blistery, leather like rash?  Also, I can't seem to figure out where this allergy is coming from. I don't feel stressed since I'm on vacation for the summer as a teacher .  The only thing new that I've used is facial cream so can that cause all these rashes?   My rashes are just on my neck, chest, and arms area.  Also, I've noticed I'm getting blotchy spots on my thighs.  I appreciate any help or advise.  Thanks.