Blistery Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blistery Rash

I recently got rashes on my arms, neck, and chest area 4 days ago on Saturday.   I quickly used hyrdrocortisone creams for the itchiness and to no avail my rashes continued.  I went to see my dr. on Monday and she prescribed an oral cream triamcinolone acetonide but again to no avail, the rashes continues.   My rashes on my arms are clustered in patches that looks blistery and it was feeling really painful due to the swelling.   I contacted my dr. again and she then prescribed  me10 mg prednisone  and today is the second day I took it.  The swelling has helped a bit but the itchiness continues.  The blister like rashes are still around both my wrists and  some patches on my inner arm.  My question is how long does it take for the prednisone to take effect for the blistery, leather like rash?  Also, I can't seem to figure out where this allergy is coming from. I don't feel stressed since I'm on vacation for the summer as a teacher .  The only thing new that I've used is facial cream so can that cause all these rashes?   My rashes are just on my neck, chest, and arms area.  Also, I've noticed I'm getting blotchy spots on my thighs.  I appreciate any help or advise.  Thanks.
These painful itchy blisters can be due to contact dermatitis, allergic reaction or herpes zoster/shingles rash. The first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.