Dermatology Community
Blocked Oil Glands
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blocked Oil Glands

Hi,

Quite some months ago now I went to the Doctors as I had a couple lumps that had appeared on my chest and on my back, the doctor looked at them and quickly diagnosed them as what he referred to as "blocked oil glands". Since this visit I have noticed more and more appearing, meaning I now have over 10 of these lumps both on my back and my chest. The lumps themselves vary in size from a couple of millimetres in diameter to 5 or 6 mm. They are hard and appear to have what can only be described as a visible pore in the middle being pinkish/redish in colour. I have previously tried squeezing them and even puncturing them with a needle which only causes bleeding and much irritation. I just wanted to know if people agreed with this? And if so, what can I do about them? Is there anything I can do to get rid of them and prevent more from appearing?

Many thanks,