Blocked Oil Glands

Quite some months ago now I went to the Doctors as I had a couple lumps that had appeared on my chest and on my back, the doctor looked at them and quickly diagnosed them as what he referred to as "blocked oil glands". Since this visit I have noticed more and more appearing, meaning I now have over 10 of these lumps both on my back and my chest. The lumps themselves vary in size from a couple of millimetres in diameter to 5 or 6 mm. They are hard and appear to have what can only be described as a visible pore in the middle being pinkish/redish in colour. I have previously tried squeezing them and even puncturing them with a needle which only causes bleeding and much irritation. I just wanted to know if people agreed with this? And if so, what can I do about them? Is there anything I can do to get rid of them and prevent more from appearing?

Many thanks,

I understand that you just want to rid of these bumps. However, I do not think it is wise to pop them or pick on them as these may only further aggravate the skin and may even lead to infections. These may be a case of folliculitis, fungal infections or acne. You may need topical antibiotics for these. A gram stain for the discharge from one of the bumps may give an idea to the type of organism most likely involved here. If topical antibiotics do not relieve the condition then you may need oral antibiotics and topical corticosteroids for the skin condition.