Blocked sweat pore

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blocked sweat pore

I am 19 years old...and I start to have this problem one year a go...I use to have a skin problem... I was getting a red rushes and itchy everytime my body was getting worm...when I was doing some activitis ... First I thougt that that was some alergies (allergies)..but after time ...I know that is something like my sweat pores are blocked... So I went to a doctor and he told me hot shower shold help... but that was not the answer to my problem... and every time when I supost to get sweat I get that red rush and red spots and get itchy on the place on my body where sweat shold come out... I have found some kind of solution...I was running at the park.. and it was verry hard but I wasnt stoping running when itcy and red things come up... I was continue doing my activity...and the itcy was stronger and stronger..and after 10-15 min of running (geting warm) the itcy felling stop and 10 min after that the rushes and the redness are gone... So I contimue do that several times.... and time after time some parts of my body start so get sweat... starting with my head and going down ... so in the summer I have fixed that problem...and my pores were opened.... but now that problem comes again... and if I dont get swet for a several days the blocking of pores is increase... So My question is : is there is some medical cure for this? or what shold I do? plz help
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Miliaria or sweat rash arises from obstruction of the sweat ducts. It is usually found in hot, humid conditions and activities which encourage sweating and the wearing of synthetic clothing against the skin are important precipitating factors. The typical spots develop in skin folds and on the body, especially in areas of friction from clothing.

In particular, miliaria profunda results from sweat leaking into the dermis causing deep and intensely uncomfortable, prickling, red lumps. It is advised that you avoid further sweating and avoid irritating the skin. Excessive clothing, friction from clothing, excesssive soap and contact of the skin with irritants should be avoided. Calamine lotion may provide relief of discomfort.  Mild topical steroids as well  as use of topical antibacteria lointment and soaps may shorten the duration of symptoms and  prevent bacterial growth. It is best that you have this evaluated further by your doctor for proper management.

Take care and keep us posted.

I had a similar problem several years ago. I am from a hot and humid area and had moved to a cold climate area. I slowly started seeing the same itching/rashes that you describe. Mild activity or emotional excitement used to create that. Once I cooled down, the itching/red bumps would go away (i.e. they were transient ... lasting for a very short time). I used to avoid strenuous activity / heat and the more I avoided the more I saw the problem. The doctor recommended different moisturizing lotions but I already was using them. Finally summer came and one day I was walking and the itching/rashes sort of reached a peak (I had no way to cool myself) and after that this problem disappeared.

Now recently this is slowly coming back and I realized that the last couple of months my activity level has been quite low and I haven't sweated much. So I am now exercising and trying to break a sweat as often as possible.  I am no medical doctor, but I think the solution is to sweat by exercising. Gives you other health benefits too.
I have this problem too. 23 and have had it near 7 years. Some months better than others. Sometimes it manageable, sometimes it's quite bad.
Like you, it only lasts a short time whenever I get warm. Usually on my arms, back/shoulders and sometimes forehead. Anything from a brisk walk to embarrassment (hot flush) can cause it to flare up (feels like little fire ants crawling on my skin). But as soon as I relax and cool myself down, it disappears in minutes. I explain it to people and they think it's just something I should accept, but it's very irritating and damn near disabiliting at times. I feel like I can't do things without fear of being uncomfortable and self conscious.
I've also noticed it reaches a peak if I keep exercising and my body seems to adjust to the heat. But it's not much of a solution. I still have to go through the irritation every time.
The strange thing is that whenever I've been on holiday to a hotter climate it seems to improve (which shouldn't make sense). Whether it's because I'm more active? or because I'm getting more air, sun and sea? More sun lotion/moisturiser? Less stressed? I don't really know, but months after the holiday it slowly returns again.
I've tried taking lots of cold showers, moisturisers, avoiding certain foods, but haven't found a solution.
Maybe I should do more exercise like you say and try to blast through it. Maybe over time my pores will adapt and learn to sweat like a normal person again.