Dermatology Community
Blood Blister on heel.. when will it go away?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood Blister on heel.. when will it go away?

So about four days ago I was playing soccer and I came home with a blister on my heel. I cleaned the area, and I woke up the next day and it was hurting really bad. Later that day I accidently popped it. I cleaned it up drained out  the puss. The next day it was bright red, almost purple blood blister. Its been that way for a couple of days now and I have more physical activity I have to do. How long will it take to go away? What should I do in the meantime? Should I see a doctor  or will it just go away?
Related Discussions
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin.It is commonly found on hands.Elevate the limb,give rest to the part,apply cold compresses,soak the blister in Epsom sale and keep the foot bandaged so as to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank