Blood blister on lip??

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blood blister on lip??

I recently developed a dark red blood blister on my lip it has nt grown in size but hasnt gone away either is it lip cancer?
From the symptom,it does not sound like a cancer or malignancy but it is more likely a blood blister. It is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin.Give rest to the part,apply cold compresses,soak the blister in Epsom sale and try to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms worsen or persist then pls consult a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.