Blood blister wart-like bumps on my face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have a couple bumps on my face that do not seem to be acne.  They look like warts but are blood-filled. They bleed if they're squeezed but they do not go away.  I've had one on my nose for as long as I can remember.  I have had maybe 2 or 3 more develop on my nose in different places as well.  They just appear, they do not grow larger or hurt.  I would like to know how to remove them.  Should I try a wart-freezing type of product or is there any kind of topical medicine I can use?
Thanks!
Did you figure out what this is that you have? My 6 year old has on the upper part of his neck that looks like a little blood bubble. When it pops it bleeds and after that it really never heals or dries up. Just goes back to another blood like bubble.

This could be blood blisters. 'Blisters are usually caused by injury to the skin from heat or from friction, which create a tear between the epidermis—the upper layer of the skin—and the layers beneath.

Short periods of intense rubbing can cause a blister, but any rubbing of the skin at all can cause a blister if it is continued for long enough. Blisters form more easily on moist skin than on dry or soaked skin, and are more common in warm conditions.

Sometimes, the skin can blister when it comes into contact with a cosmetic, detergent, solvent or other chemical; this is known as contact dermatitis. Blisters can also develop as a result of an allergic reaction to an insect bite or sting.

There are also a number of medical conditions that cause blisters. The most common are chickenpox, herpes, impetigo, and a form of eczema called dyshidrosis. '

'If a blister bursts, don't peel off the dead skin on top of the blister. Gently press the area to get rid of all the fluid inside, and then cover the blister and the area around it with a dry, sterile dressing to protect it from infection until it heals.

Blood blisters should also be left to heal naturally. As with other blisters, if a blood blister bursts it is important to keep the area clean and dry, and protect it with a sterile dressing to prevent infection.

Blood blisters are often painful, and you may wish to apply an ice pack to the area immediately after the injury that caused it. You should apply the ice pack for between 10 and 30 minutes. The ice should not touch your skin directly as this may cause a cold burn, so place a towel over the injured part first.

Even when popped as described above, a blister can become infected, Staph aureus infections being most common. Blisters that have become infected can be treated with antibiotics prescribed by your GP. '

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blister

It would be best to consult a doctor if it does not resolve on its own in a few days.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.

What did you find out? My six year old has the same thing on her cheek.