Dermatology Expert Forum
Blood blister
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Blood blister

I have had a small blood blister on my nose for some time.  It recently got scrubbed open by accident and bled a bit.  Now it is scabbed over.  Is there any way to get rid of this - that is, to have it heal without the bright red appearance.  Thank you.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Most likely this could be buzzed with an electric needle, which would both stop bleeding and get rid of it.  Check out a dermatologist for this.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
5 Comments
Blank
Hello...... The scab will heal on its own if you don't pich at it, but I have tried a different method that takes the redness out if you want to try.  If you drizzle or put paroxide on the scab to heal it, and then when that dries, put toothpaste... that will dry out the sore.  It always works for me :o}  Good luch :o}  Best to be done at bed time... or you can just try a small medicated Aloe Vera treated band-aid.
Blank
WELL I HAVE ONE ON MY BACK SIDE, AND IT HAS MORE PUSS THAN MY BROTHER HAS EVER SEEN
Blank
MY BACKSIDE HAS A BALL OF PUSS, AND I AM NOT YET SURE IF IT IS A BLOOD BLISTER.
Blank
WHAT SHOULD I DO? I HAVE A BLOOD BLISTER ON MY BACKSIDE. IT HAS A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF PUSS IN IT.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank