Dermatology Expert Forum
Blood blister

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Blood blister

I have had a small blood blister on my nose for some time.  It recently got scrubbed open by accident and bled a bit.  Now it is scabbed over.  Is there any way to get rid of this - that is, to have it heal without the bright red appearance.  Thank you.
Most likely this could be buzzed with an electric needle, which would both stop bleeding and get rid of it.  Check out a dermatologist for this.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Hello...... The scab will heal on its own if you don't pich at it, but I have tried a different method that takes the redness out if you want to try.  If you drizzle or put paroxide on the scab to heal it, and then when that dries, put toothpaste... that will dry out the sore.  It always works for me :o}  Good luch :o}  Best to be done at bed time... or you can just try a small medicated Aloe Vera treated band-aid.
WELL I HAVE ONE ON MY BACK SIDE, AND IT HAS MORE PUSS THAN MY BROTHER HAS EVER SEEN
MY BACKSIDE HAS A BALL OF PUSS, AND I AM NOT YET SURE IF IT IS A BLOOD BLISTER.
WHAT SHOULD I DO? I HAVE A BLOOD BLISTER ON MY BACKSIDE. IT HAS A VERY LARGE AMOUNT OF PUSS IN IT.