Blood blisters and sweets

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blood blisters and sweets

I get sudden blood blisters appearing occasionally on the inside of my cheek, I have a large one now.1cm in diameter - it seems to happen if I have eaten one or two sweets which is very rare for me, and this one appeared in the middle of a meal as though I have bitten my cheek, but the sweets seem to be a common thread. Any help please as to what this can be?

This discussion is related to blood blisters in mouth??.
Avatar n tn
That is weird I always eat sweets but yesturday I ate alot of choclate for v day and I woke up with one blood blister in my mouth and i am scared I have never had a blister of any kind and to get one that is all red near back of mouth were my back tooth use to be . Any one now what it is help me i am scared I never get any thing wropng with me .Should i go to emeregency room ?
Avatar n tn
i have the same problem. but mine forms from eating salty foods or sour foods. sometimes if i eat too much saltly foods the skin on the roof of my mouth seems to peel. its weird or i get a blood blister on the inside of my mouth. dont panic. i been living with this since i was 16 and im 33 now. have had it checked out by many dr's and dentist. they cant find the cause. good luck.
Avatar dr f tn

Blood blisters are caused by a rupture of the blood vessels underneath the skin’s surface. This rupture is usually caused by some form of trauma, scald, allergic irritants, viral skin infections, and fungal skin infections. For the most part, blood blisters do not require special medical attention. However, if it is severe or reappears, have this evaluated further for proper management. Try to avoid popping the blister to prevent secondary  infection and this can also slow down the body’s natural healing process.  Take care and regards.