Blood blisters on Scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blood blisters on Scrotum

I have small blood blisters on my scrotum. Recently they have been breaking and bleeding. Sometime it won't stop for a long time. I have ruined my clothes and this condition has made me late for a lot of things in my life. Is there anything I can do? I've asked my doctor and have seen a urologist and everyone says it's no big deal but it is to me. If I'm late for work and it happens it's a good fifteen minutes until I can get it to stop and get on my way. Please if there is anything I can do please pass it along.

R
Blood blister is a type of blister that forms when subdermal tissues and blood vessels are damaged without piercing the skin. Apply cold compresses, soak the blister in Epsom salt and try to avoid its rupture. If the blister breaks, quickly rinse the area and apply an antiseptic such as neosporin. It is not recommended to break a blister because it may often lead to infection.

If the symptoms persist then possibility of angiokeratoma has to be ruled out. Please get it evaluated from a dermatologist in that case.

I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.