Blood blisters on head, chest and arms

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blood blisters on head, chest and arms

7092269?1311500038
Please provide information about cause and removal of blood blisters on my head, chest and arms.  They are almost flat and up to 1 mm in diameter, have increased to about 15 in number during the past ten years and do not cause pain or itching.  I am a Hispanic male, age 46.  Thanks.
These are not blood blisters but are cherry angiomas. The underlying cause for the development of cherry angiomas is not understood, so nothing can be predicted about their prevention but rest assured; they are harmless. If they are to be removed for cosmetic reasons, electrosurgery and cryosurgery can be used. More recently pulsed dye laser or Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment are also used.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.