Blood!!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blood!!!

This is not for me! This is for my stubborn mom who wont go to the doctor!!! She is very ill lately, and she has had a runny nose and when she blows her nose on a tissue a ton of blood comes out, when she rinses her mouth and spits, blood come out! What is it? And what should i do?
Sincerly, Sarah (the worried daughter)

This discussion is related to Broken Blood Vessel on Nose.
Nose bleed is called epistaxis. It is very common due to local inflammatory diseases, infections, and trauma. Sometimes liver disorders, sinus and nasopharyngeal abnormalities or serious causes like bleeding disorders and leukmias can also cause epistaxis.

Also use a humidifier at home as epistaxis is sometimes caused by dryness in the home. If still bleeding occurs, then it is better to consult an ENT specialist so that saline nasal spraying and packing can be done.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.