Blotchy redness "under" skin surface

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blotchy redness "under" skin surface

My 11 year old son has red blotches that almost seem to be under his skin on the palms of both hands. At first I thought they were bruises because he was playing catch bare-handed with a baseball. But hey haven't changed color like a normal bruise and it's been 1.5 weeks.

He does get athlete's foot each spring/summer with baseball season. I thought maybe it moved to his hands but they aren't peeling or crusty. He doesn't have any itching or pain- even when you press on it.

I would appreciate any comments. I'm going to wait a few days and then suppose I should see a doctor.
If the redness is scaly then contact dermatitis, Erythromelalgia,Erythema multiforme and lichen planus should be ruled out. Erythema multiforme is an acute, self limiting type of hypsersensitivity reaction that occurs in response to medications, infections, or illness. If the rash has appeared after starting the medicine then chances are there that it can be due to hives or erythema multiforme.

You should get the diagnosis confirmed from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.