Blue blotches on skin after shower

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blue blotches on skin after shower

Hi, over the past couple of months when I am in and getting out of the shower I have noticed blue blotches all over my legs like bruises. Minutes after I'm dry they dissapear. I'm getting worried about what this could be.. meninga cockle.

My mum has varicose veins and I'm wondering if I could have it, I am only 14 years of age and I'm male.

Because I am young I don't know if this is normal and I don't know what to do or if I should be worrying about it. Please reply with your thoughts and comments, thanks.
I have the same problem, but I'm sorry to say I do not know what causes it. I'm only 19 myself but have been experiencing it for years. It only appears after showers and disappears shortly after. However, I do not think it is Meningococcal.

http://www.idph.state.il.us/public/hb/hbmenin.htm

There's a website for you about Meningococcal disease. I'm not a doctor though, so if you are still concerned call up your physician.

As for the blotches... the hot water of the shower may be the cause, but please don't take my word for it because I can't say for sure.

Your original post is pretty old, so if you've learned anything about the blotches since then it would be wonderful if you shared. I've been worrying about it a lot more recently but can't find anything on the internet, and I'm not sure if I wanna go to the doctor yet or not.
Okay.

my theory is that normally when you breath in, oxygen gets transferred in your air sacs( aveoli ) and that goes in your red blood cells, and they transport the oxygen into the rest of your body, when you take a shower, you don't breath in clear oxygen, in fact, more steam than oxygen.

So, you are getting less oxygen to your legs, and it is almost like what your mom has, except the cause of her legs being spider veined is because a decrease circulation to her legs, part of the aging process. Your condition is not a big deal. normal actually, the blue legs is what Doctors call Peripheral Cyanosis. As you might know, oxygen turns blood red, but with no oxygen the blood stays the same color, blue. there for it is peripheral cyanosis. Don't panic, everyone has this issue when taking showers, you wont die or anything. Peripheral Cyanosis is only a big deal when something is causing you to not be able to breath, like respiratory distress, Anaphylaxic  shock. No oxygen mean cerebral hypoxia, where the brain gets no oxygen, then you would die of Anoxic Encephalopathy. But like i said, you worry, has no purpose(:

believe it or not, im only 16(:
I have the same issue. My legs turn blue in the shower. They are also a little more susceptable to going asleep when crossed. I recently went to the doctor. No it is not normal for your legs to turn blue. I have to go in for a MRA to see the blood flow throughout my body. If you have this problem you should also go see a doctor.