Blue spot on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Blue spot on lip

I'm 23, female, and a non-smoker.  I woke up this morning with no discoloration and now, suddenly, I've looked in the mirror and there is a bluish spot on my top lip, almost like a bruise.  I haven't bumped myself anywhere, and other than slight diarrhea for the past few days, I feel fine and am otherwise healthy.  Is this any cause for concern?
Given your history of non smoking, the only possibility that is coming to my mind is of a venous lake. It is a dark blue compressible papule caused by dilation of venules and lips are very commonly effected. Treatment is by cryosurgery, electrosurgery, sclerotherapy, excision and laser treatment. Please discuss these options with a cosmetologist in detail.
I sincerely hope it helps. Take care and please do keep us posted on how you are doing. Warm regards.