Boil - won't go away
I have this boil on my left buttock that is approx 1 inch in diameter.  It get's bigger and more painful, then eventually it just retracts.  Usually when I get a boil it eventually forms a head and erupts, then goes away and heals but this one won't.  What should I do, are there any good over the counter ointments that I can apply to help it to erupt?  I don't experience any other side effects like fever or anything just this pain in the *ss (no pun intended) boil.
sounds funny to do this, but find an old person or find an old pharmacy and try black tar salve.  Don't even know if you can still get it, but it will suck out the "poison" in a matter of days.  Olld remedy, but always has great results. Hope this info helps!
I think I know what your talking about, called drawing salve and it smells really bad and is black.  I tried using it years ago but didn't get good results but I will try it again.  Got it at Eckerd.
yep, thats it, and it does smell horrible but my ex wife is a nurse and she would put it on anything from boils to splinnters to ingrown hairs.  Sometime old school remedies work. They didn't get to be old by taking the medicines we have today!