Boil/Ingrown Hair Problem
Hello. A while ago I had a painful boil on my stomach, right where my belt rubs against the skin. After about a week of increased pain and infection, I put a small amount of pressure on the boil and it popped, spraying mosty blood and some pus. After a closer examination of the now-open sore, I noticed a hair inside, and pulled it out.

It's been a few months, and although the area hasn't hurt for quite some time, it is still purple, and has a shiny texture, much like a new scar. It is not raised at all, instead being more of a skin discoloration. It's a very dark purple towards the middle. It hasn't reduced much in size either, although the color isn't quite as dark as it once was. Is this something I should be worried about? Could there be another ingrown hair inside, or could it be something more serious in general?

Thanks for your time.
How are you? How old are you?
Boils are painful, pus-filled bumps that form under your skin when bacteria infect and inflame one or more of your hair follicles.
You should not squeeze a boil. The purple and shiny texture is because you squeezed the boil and it has left the scar. Do you have any other boils? If it is not painful then I think you need not worry.
However, if you are concerned about the mark then visit the Dermatologist.
Good luck.
Bye.

Hi, Katie, 19, and ive have all kinds of boils everywhere for over a year now, but the doctors all put me on different antibiotics and it will work for a while, but then theyre back. Even the dermetoligist did the same thing. Ive had the tests done for staff, mrsa, and diebetes... nothing no answers... any suggestions
i have a pubic hair and its been on me for about a week now it hurts really bad im 19 and have not had one get this big it has a hair in it but it wont come out i tryed to get it out i mashed it and puss and blood come out but the size didnt go down. can anyone please help i really need this gone its very painful.