Boil on scalp

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Boil on scalp

Hello

About a weeks ago, I developed a hard, painful lump on my head. Later that evening, 2 of my lymph nodes swelled up.
I went to the dr, and he told me it was a boil, and that it was normal for the lymph noded to swell up becase my body was fighting the infection.
He prescribed me keflex 4x a day for 10 days Today was day 5\

The lymph nodes have gone down tremendously and so has to the boil.
Theboil had developed a scab on it and today i accedently peeled it off. Puss started coming out of it, so I gently squeezed so it would come out. I didn't squeeze hard at all.I didnt squeeze the blood out, i stopped.

Now, Im scared because i know I shouldnt have squeezed it.
I have heard that the puss is contagious and i am scared that I will develop more boils because i touched other parts of my head.can this happed? I am still on antibiotics
Can it get infected?

Please help
Boils normally either drain on their own or they may need to be drained by incision. Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription. Relax as antibiotics will prevent any further boils.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.