Boil or Ingrown Hair???
I have had ingrown hair on my butt cheek area before but this time is different. I am 35 so I know my body. This time I have a large (quarter sized) hard area which is normal for me but it has a white formation that is soft above it that pertrudes. I tried to pop it a couple days ago and puss came out but it did not pertrude the hard formation area. That soft area still remains above it and the whole area is a little sore on occassion. Now the soft area is not able to pop easily. This is crude talk but I told my husband that it looks like I have a boob and nipple on my butt.
I really hope that this is nothing serious since I don't have insurance. Any advise will be appreciated.

Without external examination it is very difficult to confirm a diagnosis,but it sounds like a boil. A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. A boil generally starts as a reddened, tender area. Over time, the area becomes firm and hard. Eventually, the center of the abscess softens and becomes filled with pus. Finally, the pus "forms a head," which can be surgically opened or spontaneously drain out through the surface of the skin.

Boil on buttocks is usually due to plugged sweat glands that become infected or by an ingrown hair.

Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever and consult a doctor for examination and antibiotics prescription.If there are recurrent boils,then pls get your blood sugar levels estimated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted if you have any additional queries.