Boil turned into a hard lump

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Boil turned into a hard lump

I am prone to boils in my vaginal area. Recently i felt one developing and tried draining the little bit of pus inside and put alcohol on it nightly. But it just dried up and now its kind of a deep lump under my skin. was the aclohol a bad idea? Do i need a doctor to get it drained? could it have been something other than a boil though i am having no other symptoms.?
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be a sebaceous cyst instead of a boil. A sebaceous cyst is a closed sac occurring just under the skin which contains a "pasty" or "cheesy" looking substance called keratin.They may occur anywhere on body. Blocked sebaceous glands, swollen hair follicles and excessive testosterone production will cause such cysts.

Generally no treatment is required but they become painful then it means they are infected,Then surgical excision by traditional wide excision, minimal excision, and punch biopsy excision may be required.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing and if you have any additional queries.

Hello, I suffer from these horrible things, and have since I was a child.

I have had so much shame over this for decades, and i was just speaking with my therapist about this today.

I need real help...instead of flare ups and downs, and then ups again in the same spot.

i am looking for treatment.

i was told when I was younger, that it was folliculitis superlativa?
and that all of the trails so to speak would need to be extracted...

Do you have any comments Kindd?