Boil...Yucky.
Ok, so I had this thing on my leg, it was full of blood, about the size of a quarter. I assumed it was a boil. I let it pop on it's own. It looked alot better for 2 days, got flat, looked like it was healing. Now, it's puffy again, not as bad as before, but it looks like it might be filling back up. Is that normal? I'm afraid it's going to get bigger. The first time it was very painful, it was on my inner thigh, right on the panty line. Was it a boil, or something else because it was full of blood.
Hi.
Aside from blood, did you also see pus coming out from the lesion?
A boil can recur specially when the content is not drained fully.
You may try taking antibiotic to see if it would subside.
But the best thing to do is have yourself examined by your physician.
Hygiene is also very important.
Good luck.
You need to keep the area clean to avoid secondary infection. Apply some antibacterial cream and see if that helps. If the lesion still persists consult your skin specialist for a clinical examination. He might prescribe you a course of antibiotics and local application medicated creams. Do not try to pop it or pick at it.
I've been applying antibacterial with triclosan, it seems to be working, the lesion seems to be getting smaller, I haven't been touching it, I put a piece of gauze over it, and I clean it and re-gauze every few hours. Thanks for your answers.
That is good to hear. Most skin lesions if not secondarily infected and if not present for long, respond to simple cleaning measures and adequate hydration. Picking at the lesions or popping them just causes them to spread to the adjacent areas, to become secondarily infected and trauma and injury at the site.
A healthy diet and adequate hydration go a long way in helping the lesion to resolve.
If the lesions still perssit or spread, you should consult a skin specialist.
Good luck.