Dermatology Community
Boils IN my nose...
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Boils IN my nose...

I've been dealing with these for about 8 months now.
I've been treated for MRSA 4 times with antibiotics, and they go away for awhile but come back eventually.
They tested my nose for MRSA and it came back negative, so they assumed it was a normal staph infection
They haven't spread beyond the inside of my nose and rim of my nostril
The boils are VERY painful, to the point of watering my eyes when touched, but once popped they don't hurt at all.
There has been a generally a crust around the tip of the inside of my nose throughout this.

I developed shortly after I returned from Thailand.
I am around wrestling mats pretty much everyday and wrestle.

I stayed away from the gym/mats/wrestling for a month, and didn't see any difference in my nose.

Any suggestions? :-)

Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi,

It is good that the MRSA test is negative.The primary treatment for most boils is heat application, usually with hot soaks or hot packs. As long as the boil is small and firm, opening the area and draining the boil is not helpful, even if the area is painful. However, once the boil becomes soft or "forms a head" , it can be ready to drain. Once drained, pain relief can be dramatic. Antibiotics are often used to eliminate the accompanying bacterial infection. Especially if there is an infection of the surrounding skin, However, a culture of the skin lesion is helpful to determine the specific organism that is causing the infection. A sensitivity testing will also help which specific antibiotic will be effective in the treatment. Try to avoid manipulating the lesion to prevent secondary infection. It is important to keep the area clean and dry.

Take care and regards.
Blank
626901_tn?1261876405
Mind telling us how to keep the INSIDE of a NOSE dry and clean?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank