Dermatology Community
Boils have left dark scarring. Please help.
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Boils have left dark scarring. Please help.

Im wondering if you can help. Just before my summer vacation, a large boil appeared on my outer calf. As it wa painful and pus filled, i popped it, however,after a while it then turned a deep red colour under the skin, so i guessed it was trapped blood and took a needle to it. Several weeks later, the exact same thing happened an inch from the first one. Although they have now cleared up, Im left with scars which are slighty darker than the rest of my skin.
     To make matters worse another appeared on my other leg but the inner calf area. Not wanting to repeat my mistake, I left this well alone. However it was quite painful and pus filled so I stupidly popped it again. At the moment, its quite red under the skin, looking like old, trapped blood again but i dont want to needle it. What should I do? Please help, this is ruining my life.
Related Discussions
  • strange infection (1 replies):
    I have an area on my nose where occasionally a red, infe...[more]
  • weird acne (1 replies):
    i have had this weird acne for about a year now,mainly a...[more]
  • boils on breast (4 replies):
    I have larger breasts and get boils (C cup) on the right...[more]
  • boils (1 replies):
    hello, i m 22 yr old boy.please suggest me some extreme...[more]
  • boils (1 replies):
    hi ive have suffered from boils for over 10 years on my ...[more]
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
A boil, also referred to as a skin abscess, is a localized infection deep in the skin. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean. Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head. Till then topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Also get your blood sugar levels estimated because recurrent boils are found in diabetes.
Hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted if you have any additional queries. Warm regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...