Dermatology Community
Boils on my 4 yr old's buttocks
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Boils on my 4 yr old's buttocks

My son again has a boil on his buttocks.  The last one was huge and after it finally burst, peroxide seemed to heal it, but not without quite the scar.  Why would he keep getting these.  The last was on his lower butt and this one is between his butt crack?  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I think you might want to take him to the doctor for that..I read about something called pilonidal cysts that need to be treated to make sure they drain completely, and although it could be something different since he's so young, you'd probably want to see a pediatrician since they keep happening. medicinenet.com's article on boils says they usually happen after sitting for a long time, like on trips. Hope it gets better.
Blank
Thanks for the response.  I actually took him to his pediatrician yesterday  morning, but he is on vacation this week, so ended up taking him to Urgent Care last night and ends up he has a Staph infection.  They don't think it's MRSA, thank God, but they did swab it to send to lab.  They gave me antibiotic and I have to follow up with the pediatrician in 2 weeks to make sure the Staph has not colonized in his nasal passages.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank