Dermatology Expert Forum
Bottom Lip feels chapped, burned and Inflamed
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Bottom Lip feels chapped, burned and Inflamed

For the past three months my bottom lip has been chapped burned and inflamed. I have put on chapstick during the day and vaseline on it at night, but nothing helps.  It is on the outside bottom part of my lip.  There are two or three inflamed areas and my lip burns all the time.  I have never had cold sores and am very healthy.  Three years ago, I had a similar problem (not as bad) and I eliminated whitening toothpastes (I use baking soda or natural toothpastes) and it has been gone since, but got bad three months ago.  Now I have eliminated almost every possibility and nothing works.  I don't lick my lips.  My top lip feels slightly inflamed but has no sores on it.  I have tried eliminating sunscreens, makeup, nothing helps.  I eat only healthy foods and have never had allergies before.  I am 66 years old.  I have been on Actonel for 1 1/2 yers, and I have quit that for past two weeks but it still seems to be getting worse. I have one drink at night;don't smoke and am very fit.  The burning is such a constant irritation and pain, pus not knowing what this is, that I am starting to get very down by all this. Please help me.  Thank you.