Brachioradial Pruritus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Brachioradial Pruritus

I have suffered with this for four years. Just recently put a name to it.
From everything I have read that others have gone through the mainstream medical field can only offer meds and creams to give temporary relief for the symptoms.
I finally found a cure. See a Homeopathic Practitioner for treatment. If you are not familiar with Homeopathy, look it up. It is the second most widely practiced form of medicine in the world and has been around for a few hundred years. It treats the under lying condition, not just the symptoms. It is all natural, VERY inexpensive, has NO side effects  and actually CURES this dermalogical plague. I have been taking the remedies for six days and the itching is almost completely gone.
I have finally been properly diagnosed after suffering for 24 years.  The itching burning starts usually in the evening and runs from October to April.  Some days, I spend up to 5 hours scratching.  I loose sleep, have to excuse myself from work (to go in the bathroom & run ice cold water on my arms for relief), have to change the bed linens due to bleeding throughout the night.  It is more debilitating that people realize.  I am now on Lyrica and receiving laser treatment on my neck and shoulders once a week.  I got relief after the second treatment!  I am seeing a pain management doctor who was able to diagnose me & help me.  
I hope you can get relief also.
Hi Pat - Just curious if this has continued to be a solution for you... I have had this for 30 years... it went away for about 4 years when I started armor thyroid treatment (hypo) but is now back ... very seasonal, fall through spring and flares up even more so at night.  

I have slightly elevated liver enzymes which also cause skin irritation ... I've been gluten free for 2 years, tried every topical solution know to man... seen dermatologists, allergists, and at least 25 other doctors... I do think spinal alignment will be my next option because I'm looking for the root cause.  
I have had this for 9 years and it's getting worse. I have a good idea what is going on based on other conditions I have such as vitiligo making it even worse by having no melanin to protect me from damaging sun that is a trigger.  I belive it is both hormonal and neurological, overproduction or imbalance of hormones and neurotransmitters.  I am on a regime of herbs with some good results. Caffeine even in tea, and stimulants of any kind including stress trigger an immediate attack. I take frequent mineral jacuzzi baths.