Breaking out and peeling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Breaking out and peeling

My skin started breaking out recently (typically does during that time of the month) but usually 2-3 noticeable bumps.  This time I broke out in bumps and clusters of what look like heat bumps.  In those clustered areas, i am starting to peal and can see a layer of dead skin which is white when wet (i am african american).  I now still have the clusters and now dry patches is areas of my face and it is very sesitive and even painful to washing and face cream.  My skin has never done this before.  How do I get rid of these clusters and successfully exfoliate the dead white skin which still won't peel? I have tried peel masks, exfoliating gels and face washes but nothing is working and how can i get rid of the clusters.....it's sp bad and embarassing and makeup is not helping at all.  So far it's been 6 days since this has begin.
These small bumps can be due to irritated hair follicles or acne. Just keep you face clean by washing with a mild soap atleast twice a day. Pat it dry and do not rub it. Avoid picking or pressing the bumps. You can also use Benzoyl peroxide 5% lotion or gel once at bedtime. An amount of lotion the size of a pea should be enough to cover most of your face. If your skin becomes red or peels, you are using too much of the medicine or applying it too often.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.