Breaking skin under the penis head
The skin has started breaking up on my penis directly below and also on the edge of the glands (head). Its just red and sore like rips in the skin.

I had a similar problem about 5 years ago and after lots of horrible STD tests they said it was just Male Thrush and gave me some cream. I've tried Thrush cream this time but it hasn't helped.

I'm sexually active but have had the same partner for 7 years so think its more of a skin compaint then a STD.

Any ideas?
This is a balanoposthitis mostly caused by monilia.To rule out diabetes is a must.
Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis,rash due to friction rub with clothes, dermatitis (atopic, contact, allergic),excessive sweating causing sweat dermatitis or balanitis(due to an underlying infection (bacterial and fungal as well as other organisms) .
You may try calamine lotion on the rash.You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.You can also use a barrier cream with zinc oxide paste or calamine lotion or a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.

If the rash persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.Balanitis has to be ruled out.

I hope that helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries. Kind regards.