Bright Red Skin under Penis Head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bright Red Skin under Penis Head

Hello-
My penis has been circumsized, the skin directly under the head of the penis and the penis head is bright red. I am not sure what is wrong, there is not any blisters or anything, It doesnt itch or hurt but it is warm to the touch. I have never had this before. I am not sure what it is or what I should do. Can anyone please help me?

You could be having an inflammation or infection of the penis head as a result of injury or abrasion. Signs of infection include redness, swelling and white, yellowish (pus-like) discharge with a foul odor. Other causes can be dermatitis, allergies, infection such as candida, gonorrhea, eczema, etc. Treatment depends upon the cause of the rash, antibacterial or antifungal ointments can be prescribed by the doctor. It is important to keep the area clean and also to avoid strong soaps or chemicals which can cause a skin reaction.

It is always better to see your doctor who can diagnose and prescribe appropriate treatment for you.
Do keep us posted on the outcome.
Regards