Dermatology Expert Forum
Bright red face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Bright red face
jd
My son wakes up in the morning with a bright red face. It doesn't appear to be a rash, but is maroon red and slightly swollen. It takes awhile to subside.  Also seems to happen on sudden exposure to heat or cold.

He took Accutane about 2 years ago, would this be related?
JD:

I don't know whether what you're describing is abnormal.  Some kids (and adults) get flushed when they're hot, and the color changes with temperature shifts.  I'd ask the pediatrician.  If you want, take a couple of pictures to illustrate.  Doesn't sound serious, though.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff