Dermatology Community
Broke out with a rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Broke out with a rash

I am a 41 year old woman who is Bipolar and on several meds (Topamax, Abilify, Klonopin, Elavil &  Zoloft....I also take a hair skin & nail vitamin......been on it since last Dec). Anyway last night after my shower I noticed I was broke out on both of my sides with these "pimple like" bumps......well as the evening progressed they spread to a few on my abdomen and my a few on my back. But both of the my legs (mainly the backs) are affected the worse. They do itch SOME......but not all the time.

I went to the Dr this morning and she said it was Folliculitis & gave me Keflex. She tried to tell me it could be scabies but I am the only one in my house that is affected. My husband has no bumps what so ever. I have changed the sheets on our bed and I am OCD about washing my hands.
I just don't believe it is Folliculitis......
I have not changed detergent or soaps or anything like that.....no new meds and have not eaten anything new......and I have not been outside the USA since May of 2014.

Any advice or insight anyone can give is GREATLY appreciated!!!

Lisa
Tags: rash
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank