Dermatology Expert Forum
Broken Blood Vessel on Nose
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Broken Blood Vessel on Nose

About a month ago I had a small pimple on my nose that I unfortunately picked at.  After a week, the pimple didn't go away.  Instead, it grew into a rather large red bump.  I waited another week or so and went to the dermatologist.  He informed me that it was a broken blood vessel and would probably remain that way forever.  He recommended burning it as the only alternative. I had it burned and have been putting on neosporin, as instructed, but the mark is not healing very well. Two weeks later, it is still very red and is even bigger than before. I was wondering if this is unusual or if there is some other treatment available for this. Thanks so much.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Mary:

Two weeks after burning (which I assume means with electricity)marks may still be present and even a little larger, even though they are on their way to resolving.  My advice is to wait 2 or 3 weeks more, and if the mark is still there, to consider having it lasered.  It may take a couple of treatments, but lasering is safe, not too expensive ( a couple of hundred dollars or so) and likely to be effective.

In other words, you don't have to spend the rest of your life with this spot as company.

best.

Dr. R
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Red nose possibly alchohol was started.
Blank
1564028_tn?1295127407
A related discussion, Blood!!! was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker