Broken fat layer in arm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Broken fat layer in arm

Hello
I have had this "big arm" since my accident 5 years ago. It started a s a hematoma. No one thought anything of it while I was in the hospital for a month and one doc said wasn't it always like that? Now 5 years later it is about 2.5inches bigger then my other arm. There are a bunch of lumps and I had an MRI done and the shady doc I went to just said it was fat globulos broken up. More so lately it is causeing my arm to "fall asleep" when in any position then straight. If touched in certian spots it is painful so I know there is nerve damage. Just not sure what to do? Should I go to a dermatologists or a bone doc.? Would they cut it out? Would it be better or would it be worse and more painful?
Alisha
The “ falling asleep” can be due to the lumps pressing on the underlying nerves. The fat globules can be due to lipomas ( benign fatty growths) but confirmation needs to be done first. Treatment can include simple excision, endoscopic removal, or liposuction and it depends on the size, number and location of lipomas.

Simple excision is usually done for superficial lipomas and is done under anesthesia by giving and excision and removing the contents of the lipoma. Then these contents are sent for histopathological examination.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

SHould I see a dermatologists or bone doc or are there other specialty doctors in this feild? I just donot want to go to someone who has no clue again. Thank you. There is like hardly any info online so this is a start!
You should consult a dermatologist or general surgeon for these lumps or lipomas.