Dermatology Community
Brown Discoloration and Itchiness on Chest
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brown Discoloration and Itchiness on Chest

5028265?1256885648
At the age of 13 a brown discoloration started to appear on my chest.  It has grown in spurts since that age (I am now 24) and now covers a large portion of my upper chest.  From what I can tell, I get acne-like bumps on my chest that I've recently noted to itch all day long, then the bumps smoothen out and keep a dark brown color.  I feel that recently the discoloration has begun to spread more and the itchiness is bothersome.  I had a biopsy taken 10 years ago or so and they did nothing (I do not remember the diagnosis, if any, because it was so long ago).  About a year ago I went to a Dermatologist who thought it may be a fungus, but the medicince I was given did not work and I no longer have insurance to go back.  I've attached a photo and any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

-Chris