Brown dot on or under nail
I'm concerned about a brown spot/dot that I noticed on my nail while getting a manicure. I'm not sure how long it has been on my nail but I just noticed it yesterday. I am a bit worried because I don't think this is normal. I have Pityriasis which is a harmless skin rash that spreads across my back in the spring but never anywhere else on my body. This year, I've been a bit lazy with treating it so it spread a more on my back than usual. I'm almost certain that this brown dot has nothing to do with the Pityriasis but any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. It's a holiday weekend so I won't speak to my Dermatologist until Tuesday.
Thanks!
Possibly would turn out to be a small trauma based hematoma(not serious) in resolution.
Do consult your doc.
If it is pale, blue, or cool then consult a doctor as it may be subungual hematoma which may have to be drained.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.