Brown leg discoloration
What causes the brown discoloration on the front side of my legs? It starts about half way between my knees and ankles and goes down to my ankles. No pain involved. Any suggestions on getting rid of it? The older I get the more prevelent it has become. My father had it also. It looks like a lot of freckles all connected together. Also what causes the small pin head sized blisters on my legs that are not painful, and can be scraped off with a fingernail. They have a dry white powder in them when opened.

Without examination,confirmation of a diagnosis is tough,but it can be due to hyperpigmentation of the skin. This darkening occurs when an excess of melanin, the brown pigment that produces normal skin color, forms deposits in the skin.

Treatment involves hydroquinone, azelaic acid, corticosteroids, tretinoin cream and laser treatment. Pls discuss these options with your dermatologist before using them.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Warm regards.