Brown patch in between breasts

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Brown patch in between breasts

3464613?1222657976
I have this patch of brown in between my breasts (see pic; although I think it doesn't show that great) my older sister has the same thing; and when she noticed mine; she became afraid we have something.  She said hers has gotten worse; that it used to look like mine but it much darker and bigger now.. so naturally I fear it'll happen to me.  I think I first noticed it a few years ago. like 2.
what can this be?
omg. im 13 years old turning 14 in a few months and for a very long time a couple years maybe 3 i have had the same exact problem. At first i ignored it. then i through it was because im over weight. But not long ago i went to my stupid Dr. who told me it could psoibly be because of diabeaties but he didnt explain anything. So i tryed eating better and it sort of started to go away but then it came back and worse. then started to spread to my neck and behind my ears and my belly button and even in the front of my elbow. I really need help  i have been looking fro someone else who has this for so long so i dont feel so alone. I really need some answers. Is there anyone out there who can help meee?
Ladies I have it as well. Munshkin12 you shocked me. I also have the spotting between my breasts, was told by a doctor to use selsan blue (sp?). They said to wash more. It was dirty spots and I needed to bathe more. It has now become such an issue that I scrub harder, even though I know its not going to help. I even tried a foot stone. Then I thought, hellooooo um, then wouldn't the rest of my skin on my body have issues. It is not because were dirty. I also have it on my neck, behind my ears and my elbows and knees are much darker. It feels like thicker, coarser skin. Lotion does not help me much. It is embarrassing to wear swim suits, v-necks, low neck line clothing,or your hair up. I also have looking for others with these symptoms. I do think it has a lot to do with weight, diet and such. I do think there is a link with these symptoms and diabetes. I don't know for sure, but the doctors I have seen, dont seem to know either.
Go visit a dermatologist about it, it is most likely just excessive sweating that's causing a fungus to grow... mine was darker in the summer when it's really hot and humid. It has nothing to do with diet, but it affects big-breasted women or excessive sweaters. It's true though that weight makes it worse, it occurs in folds of the skin that moisture gets trapped in.
SO HAS ANYONE FOUND A TREATMENT????
I have this as do my brothers. Its a fungus and both my brothers use a steroidal cream from their dermatologists but i'm afraid to use steroids, so i jus use the selson blue shampoo that they also use for the spots on their backs. Now if your experiencing any bleeding or pain then that is something else and u should seek medical help. I did not have these spots and splotches until i became prediabetic but my brothers are athletes and in excellent shape so i think maybe just the darker ring around my neck and spots on my face are from the almost-diabetes. The breast splotches definitely clear up with selson blue left on overnight and washed off in the morning. Also, try to keep covered lightly in sun or use good sunblock on the darker pigmented areas as sunlight tends to make them worse or permanent. Hope this helps.
Ok I have it to and i am 15 and haveI had it forwas years but I never thought about it but lately I have been getting pains from it. I have tryed everything from lotions to excersise my doctor told me it was just like a sunburn thing but I don't show that to the sun. So I am getting worried.
Ladies I'm 16 with the same problem in between my breast and sometimes in the lower part of my armpit area. I have discovered that It gets worse with excess sweat. What I have done to lighten it is just your regular old baths , try to avoid bras that make your boobs touch or that will creat more sweat. And every day after your shower I strongly suggest buying Doves Clinical Protection Dioderant. It helps prevent sweat and I've also noticed it getting rid of my dark spots. It is a little on the pricey side for its product. It's around $9-12 at any store that sells deodorant it is a 1.7 oz bottle. And it does not leave white stains, you just have to spread it around until it dissolves. I use this as my regular D.O and in between my breast and have noticed a difference hope this works for you too.
I believe I know what it is.  My doctor called it Acanthosis Nigricans.  I have it on the back of my neck and in between my breasts.  He said it is caused by having to much insulin in your body such as having Insulin Resistance or Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.
So last year i started to have this problem. it looks like i have not bathed and its brown. It started around my neck and itched and now its between my chest and underneath my breast and it is very sweaty. When i wake up in the morning it is crusted over and it feels like somene is pulling my dry skin apart and it hurts.
I'm 16 and I, too, have the same problem.
But the thing is, that my size is pretty big and it's practically impossible to wear a bra that prevents my breasts from touching.
It's really worrying me.
I'm obese, just so you know.
And, my mom says "Obesity is the root of all (almost all) problems.
But I'm still worried. Very worried.

P.S.- I bathe regularly, but that area stinks a little, too.
It's really worrying me.
I'm obese, just so you know.
But I'm still worried. Very worried.
It isn't brown, really, just a different texture and grotesque to feel.
I'm very, very bothered.
:\
Dr bronners peppermint liquid soap.  I had it too and it's the only thing that cleared it up completely.  You can find it at target, fresh and easy, Gnc or whole foods.
Hi, I'm not sure if you're still looking for solutions or not, but I am 19 about to be 20 and I have this problem. (without the hurting) It's very dry and nothing more, darkspotted. It has spread down my chest I have a few spots on the inner sides of my elbows..like... the crease? I believe. I don't haver an answer but I have noticed that heat helps it. Yet I can't seem to keep heat long enough while scrubbing. So if ANYONE find's a cure pleaaaaaase e-mail me at rawr.***@****  I've searched and searched all over for an answer but this is the only forum I've found to have exactly what describes the dark dry spot. help is apreacheated <3
Hi im also 19 almost 20 and I have the dark spots in between my breasts. I think drinking water helps a lot and scrubbing regularly. At times when I have it bad I try to drink more water and not wear bras much ( i sometimes sleep with a bra on lol) and it almost completely goes away. Especially if you have dry or rough skin, water makes it better. Your skin always needs to be hydrated.
OMG I had this between my breasts and around my neck, scrubbed the hell out of it, tried anti fungal only faded a little.  I was trying to get rid of a wart I had and was listening to Kent Hovind who said to use zinc.  Not only did the wart start to go down in size but the darkness around my neck and between my breast started to fade, I've been using it for 2 days and it's half gone, I'm 40 and couldnt believe that I may have just had this deficiency, good luck guys I hope this works for you too.  
Ok girls im 13 almost 14 and i've had the same problem for about 3 years now and i have a bigger chest then most girls my age and i've found that when i first started wearing underwire bras thats when it started happening and also i have the same  thing happening on my armpits but ive found that what WORKS is first start exfoliating most of the dark skin is just dead skin that has built up over time and then another thing you can do is stop wearing under wire bras all the time its ok to wear a sports bra once in a while bassinets are the ones that cause the most problems for me and also dove has this new deodorant that can lighten the skin and you can put it between you brest and it helps a little bit you can also use lemons they can lighten the skin and one more thing TEA TREE OIL IT WORKS pretty well i hope this helped :)
Hey girls! I'm 20 and I also have the same problem. It all started when I was about 12 or 13 when I started wearing under wire bras. It started with a small brown spot in between my breast and then 2 and now I have 2 brown spots on each side between my breast. I didn't really put much attention until high school. I went to the doctor and he told me he didn't know what it was and to see a dermatologist. I never really had a chance to go see one so I started to do my own experiments to get rid of the horrible brown spots I have. Because it really makes me self conscious even though is in between: it looks ugly and I just wanna have normal boobs for ones. I went to a spa place to see if they could remove it by remove it with laser, and they told me they couldn't because I was too dark and the laser would burn my skin. So yeah... I started to scrub everyday a lot! I would make my own little scrubs with honey, lemon and sugar and scrub it every night very hard with a tooth brush, that only irritated it and scratched my skin making it darker scars on top. So since that didn't work. I bought an inexpensive skin bleacher from Walmart from the black hair section (I am not black, I'm only a little tan) and started drowning my brown spots with it like 3 times a day for like 2 weeks. The spots were almost completely gone and I was soo happy I had found a solution. Turned out the problem didn't stop there, since I had change practically everyday from wearing regular bras to sport bras, one week I wore regular bras like 3 days. And boom! The spots came back and even darker!!  Take note, I am not fat, I workout a lot and I eat healthy every day. Most of y'all have said it's because you are a little over weight. I don't think that's primarily the problem. But enough with the side chat, then I went back to my old routine of scrubbing and putting bleaching cream. It didn't work at all, just made it worse. My skin had gotten used to the bleach. So I bought another brand and still didn't work. I search up in YouTube things people use to get rid or fade dark spots and I found that glues to or TCA peels work wonders, since it peels the top layer of your skin. So I figured since the problem was mainly the top layers of the skin, they would be gone in no time. I bought glycerol peel of 20% and it help it brighten a little, but my skin didn't peel so I wanted something stronger. Something faster, because I want to wear a bikini in the summer without hiding my boobs. So I bought a TCA peels of 30% I believe. And the first time I did it, brighten the area a bit and it definitely peeled a little of dead skin off. So impatient me, didn't wait a month or long like you supposed to and I went ahead and did it after two weeks of my TCA peel and after 3 weeks of the glycerol peel I had first done. This burned my skin because my skin wasn't healed, and it definitely peeled my skin off but just created deeper scarring and made my spots darker. I also picked on the peeling skin and scratch it or pealed it off myself instead of letting it peak by it self. So that was a major contribution to why my spots where even darker. So here I am freaking out that I made things worse, so I thought there wasn't anything else out there to do BUT I WAS WRONG! I did deeper research and I created my own homemade masks that work miracles on my spots and have probably been the most effective in less than a week. So ladies write down everything I tell you because it took me a lot of tries, fails, money, stress, to find out how to get rid of my spots. I am still in the process of it but one spot is almost gone from 2 days of my homemade masks.
HOW TO GET RID OF BROWN SPOTS BETWEEN YOUR BREAST OR OTHER AREAS THAT DOCTORS DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY ARE, OR SO CALLED "FUNGUS" by some of you gals:
This are the things that contributed to getting rid of the spots
1. If you're a person that sweats fast like me, then you probably need stop wearing bras when you workout.
2. NEVER SLEEP WITH A BRA ON, this happen to me because I was so stubborn and lazy to take off my bras at night when I started wearing bras
3. Wear sport bras most of the time, and if you have to wear a bra when you sleep like me, WEAR COMFORTABLE SPORTS BRA. Just wear the pretty enhancing bras when you go out or events
4. DONT SLEEP ON YOUR TUMMY. I love sleeping on my tummy and I think that contributed a lot to my brown spots because, the pressure of your boobs and the bra go right in the middle of your boobs causing meaning to increase in that area. So try avoiding sleeping on your belly
5. Definitely try to scrub the area with any scrub every 3 days or so, allow your skin to grow before scrubbing again. (This may be hard if you're impatient like me, and I do it every day, but it won't help, so be patient)
6. Now I'm going to tell you night treatments.
-I wash the area or lightly scrub it with a toothbrush (circular motion)and a homemade scrub of natural lightning ingredients like (baking soda), (lemon juice and sugar), (tea tree oil and baking soda), (lime use and sugar), or any scrubbing mask...you name it.
-buy tusmeric powder, and maderma if you don't already have it. (I got mine from amazon)
-after scrubbing the area, make a mask with the tusmeric powder. Either (tusmeric powder and lemon juice) (tusmeric powder and tea tree or any other oil) (I hear tusmeric and milk works too) and apply it to the area. BE CAREFUL TUSMERIC DOES STAIN. Then apply a piece of plastic on top of it to ensure that it won't dry like a regular mask. I use the kitchen plastic we use to cover food. Leave it for about 30 minutes. And wash it off, WARNING, your skin will be yellow but with a few scrubs if goes away. The first time it will take about 10 minutes to wash the yellow off, and not completely either but that's for the next step.
-after dry the area by patting it with a towel and either put lemon juice or bleaching cream in the area and again cover it with plastic to ensure it won't dry and the ingredients stay active for about 1-2 hours.
-remove plastic and wash it off, you will see the yellow stain left over was removed during this process
-pat dry the area and rub some maderma or scarring cream on it (but maderma works great), then cover it again with the plastic and leave it for a few hours or go to sleep with it. I replicated my own version of the product "SCAR AWAY" where it's sort of like a bandaid with scarring product that it sealed on the problematic area. Since scar away was expensive and I already had maderma that it should work the same if I just cover it so the maderma doesn't dry and it's active all night.

You WILL SEE RESULTS AFTER FIRST TREATMENT.
I suggest to be patient, wear sport bras, sleep on your back, don't be rough with the area. Just use lightning active ingredients. And don't stop treatment after it's gone. At least do it once every week or every two wekas to prevent it from coming back again!
I am not a doctor or a professional; I just been experimenting for a few years now and this was my best accomplishment. I wish I could post pictures of my results.
OH AND ALSO, DONT FORFET TO TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES. This is where you can really see the changes more closely!
That is all ladies.
If you found any other treatments of your own, please share them. Let's stop this brown spot thing that's very annoying and ugly.

That is all ladies.
Hi everyone! soo as of about February of this year i too noticed that I began to get dark marks between my boobs. I am skinny but I do have  big boobs so i figured it may have something to do with having big boobs. I started working out more so I thought that was the cause. So (stupidly lol) i decided to ease up on my exercising but realized that doesnt work so i went back to working out then i tried exfoliators and lotions but that just made it spread and darken :( so i went to a dermatologist and they gave me differin to put on it. Ive been using it for a week now and so far it seems to be working. It has shrunk a bit and got lighter in certain parts but it does dry out the area and i have to make sure i use sunblock. My dermatologist told me that to avoid using creams like hydrocortisone because they arent good for this part of skin.
Do you know how wonderful you are for posting this comment?? I have PCOS and insulin resistance. I suspected the spots had something to do with that. When I eat better and cut out sugar it lightens up. Thank you!
Acanthosis Nigricans causes darkness between the breasts, in the groin area, under the arms, and, most commonly, behind the neck. It is painless and not itchy; it is simply displeasing to look at. It is also considered a preceding omen of diabetes, and is usually found in women ages 10 and up. It is a skin condition, so regardless of how much you scratch at it it will remain there. The best treatment is usually a medicine called Metformin (prescription from doctor is necessary). It is a common medication for those who have type 2 diabetes, and will, over time, make the dark areas smaller and less noticeable; in some cases, it might even "rid" the patient of the dark spots; but the acanthosis will remain. It ( the darkness/ spots) will only remain less noticeable so long as it is being treated. When treatment stops, the acanthosis will return and possibly worsen.
**It is not a skin condition. It is a symptom of pre-diabetic nature.
Regardless, scratching and scrubbing and applying oils won't affect it. These actions will at most irritate the skin or make the skin appear even darker; they will not affect the acanthosis in the way that one might hope that they would.
I'm 16. I got the brown spots (giraffe spots as my older sister points out -_-) i can't even remember when. It's between my breasts ,it was small but it grew bigger and sorta grew under my right breast. It is also in the middle of my neck. At first, I thought it was dirt so i scrubbed very very hard. It went away a little bit but started getting bigger. But i gained some weight, too. So now i'm kinda thinking it does have to do with my weight. But i'm going to the skin doctor so hopefully i'll find out what it is and what causes it.
I wanna try the zinc but how do I search for it? just under zinc? or what is the actual product called? please help!!