DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
Brown patch in between breasts
by killykat911, Sep 28, 2008
I have this patch of brown in between my breasts (see pic; although I think it doesn't show that great) my older sister has the same thing; and when she noticed mine; she became afraid we have something.  She said hers has gotten worse; that it used to look like mine but it much darker and bigger now.. so naturally I fear it'll happen to me.  I think I first noticed it a few years ago. like 2.
what can this be?
Member Comments (25)
by munshkin12, Dec 03, 2010
omg. im 13 years old turning 14 in a few months and for a very long time a couple years maybe 3 i have had the same exact problem. At first i ignored it. then i through it was because im over weight. But not long ago i went to my stupid Dr. who told me it could psoibly be because of diabeaties but he didnt explain anything. So i tryed eating better and it sort of started to go away but then it came back and worse. then started to spread to my neck and behind my ears and my belly button and even in the front of my elbow. I really need help  i have been looking fro someone else who has this for so long so i dont feel so alone. I really need some answers. Is there anyone out there who can help meee?
by adashofblessings, Apr 20, 2011
Ladies I have it as well. Munshkin12 you shocked me. I also have the spotting between my breasts, was told by a doctor to use selsan blue (sp?). They said to wash more. It was dirty spots and I needed to bathe more. It has now become such an issue that I scrub harder, even though I know its not going to help. I even tried a foot stone. Then I thought, hellooooo um, then wouldn't the rest of my skin on my body have issues. It is not because were dirty. I also have it on my neck, behind my ears and my elbows and knees are much darker. It feels like thicker, coarser skin. Lotion does not help me much. It is embarrassing to wear swim suits, v-necks, low neck line clothing,or your hair up. I also have looking for others with these symptoms. I do think it has a lot to do with weight, diet and such. I do think there is a link with these symptoms and diabetes. I don't know for sure, but the doctors I have seen, dont seem to know either.
by hmunday, Jul 04, 2011
Go visit a dermatologist about it, it is most likely just excessive sweating that's causing a fungus to grow... mine was darker in the summer when it's really hot and humid. It has nothing to do with diet, but it affects big-breasted women or excessive sweaters. It's true though that weight makes it worse, it occurs in folds of the skin that moisture gets trapped in.
by anongurl, Aug 07, 2011
SO HAS ANYONE FOUND A TREATMENT????
by Trealwoman, Jul 23, 2012
I have this as do my brothers. Its a fungus and both my brothers use a steroidal cream from their dermatologists but i'm afraid to use steroids, so i jus use the selson blue shampoo that they also use for the spots on their backs. Now if your experiencing any bleeding or pain then that is something else and u should seek medical help. I did not have these spots and splotches until i became prediabetic but my brothers are athletes and in excellent shape so i think maybe just the darker ring around my neck and spots on my face are from the almost-diabetes. The breast splotches definitely clear up with selson blue left on overnight and washed off in the morning. Also, try to keep covered lightly in sun or use good sunblock on the darker pigmented areas as sunlight tends to make them worse or permanent. Hope this helps.
by katiebaker1997, Jun 25, 2013
Ok I have it to and i am 15 and haveI had it forwas years but I never thought about it but lately I have been getting pains from it. I have tryed everything from lotions to excersise my doctor told me it was just like a sunburn thing but I don't show that to the sun. So I am getting worried.
by Sincerely_mimie, Jul 07, 2013
Ladies I'm 16 with the same problem in between my breast and sometimes in the lower part of my armpit area. I have discovered that It gets worse with excess sweat. What I have done to lighten it is just your regular old baths , try to avoid bras that make your boobs touch or that will creat more sweat. And every day after your shower I strongly suggest buying Doves Clinical Protection Dioderant. It helps prevent sweat and I've also noticed it getting rid of my dark spots. It is a little on the pricey side for its product. It's around $9-12 at any store that sells deodorant it is a 1.7 oz bottle. And it does not leave white stains, you just have to spread it around until it dissolves. I use this as my regular D.O and in between my breast and have noticed a difference hope this works for you too.
by Sincerely_mimie, Jul 07, 2013
by Shirin87, Jul 27, 2013
I believe I know what it is.  My doctor called it Acanthosis Nigricans.  I have it on the back of my neck and in between my breasts.  He said it is caused by having to much insulin in your body such as having Insulin Resistance or Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.