Brown patches on feet.

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Brown patches on feet.

Alright, for about a year now I've had to large brown spots on my feet, with smaller brown spots trailing around my ankle. I'm a Caucasian male in his early twenties. The large spots are often dry and said spots tend to lighten up after a vigorous scrubbing in the shower but never really go away. Lately, there has been a mild stinging sensation in the area of one of the patches. The stinging last only for a few seconds and then goes away.

I'm trying to make an appointment with a dermatologist but it's going to be a long wait.
These brown patches on feet can be freckles, lichen planus and lichen simplex chronicus. Lichen planus is an itchy, inflammatory papular eruption characterized by its violaceous color. To confirm the diagnosis you need to get it examined from a dermatologist as treatment is specific for all. Maybe your dermatologist may take a small biopsy sample from the lesions.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.