Brown rust like stains
Twice now in a month I have had a brown rust like stain appear on my palm at the base of my fingers. Once on each hand but always on the ring finger.  I have not gotten into anything and it is no where else to be found. It will not come off with acetone or alcohol. It does not itch, burn or hurt.  I have included a picture.
I cannot confirm anything without xamination but it can be due to tinea nigris Palmaris. It is a fungal infection that presents as dark brown, and irregularly shaped macules. In addition to topical antifungals, other topical agents like tretinoin or salicylic acid may be used.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

hi my name is dana. I have developed orage rust like stains in three of my fingers. they are different shapes. such as oval or roundish looking. I have tried to lighten or get rid of them with alcohol and soap but nothing is helping .They just remain. They are not painful or itchy. Plus this has never happened before. Does anyone have the same experience and if it was checked out what did doctors say.
I have these stains as well I go to bed with nothing I wake up with whar looks like dried Betadine I've had them all my life off and on. I ad a daughter and at the age of thirteen my daughter started waking up with these same stains. they have also been on her inner thighs. I tried once to put some on a q tip to see if the lab could tell me what it was and while waiting to get an answer from the lab to see if they would look into it the ornge color disapated.Margie
I always wake up with the stains on hands in blotches  palms and between my fingers. In the past I have found on soles of feet.  I can put it down to food I think although some six months ago I had to have 3 bags of blood after very low reading.  I am having regular results which are improving but at last test early august my plait lets have showed a decrease.
Prior to this latest episode had not had a problem for 2 years.

I have a very active life and find at the worst the stains can be very embarrassing and find my self explaining.  Would be grateful for answers.
Net046