Brown skin discoloration around genitals and buttocks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I have recently noticed a very light-brown skin discoloration surrounding the inside creases of my buttocks down to my genitals. It is flat, smooth and does not itch or otherwise bother me.
I gave birth to my son 10 months ago and have lost a considerable amount of weight in the last 6 months (from 190 to 120 at 5'4", before pregnancy I weighed 170) I am 27.
It is possible that the discoloration has been there since his birth and due to the weight loss, I have just now noticed it, but I am not sure.
I also began to get a number of small, pinhead-sized, bright red spots on my arms and legs during pregnancy and have developed small, light-brown spots on the backs of my legs, often many in one spot, and am not sure if they are related either. They are not itchy or bothersome, and are only really noticable in the sun or bright light.
Do you have any idea what it could be? Is it related to childbirth or are the two not associated?
I am currently without health insurance and would like to know if this is serious enough to pay out of pocket for a doctor.
the red dots are cherry angiomas, or petichia, nothing to worry about, the brown spots sound like freckles or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation
that is a common side effect of pregnancy.  you can us a lightening cream such as hydroquinone to get rid of the dark spots, as for the red dots, those are not treatable unless you go to a docotr(dermatologist) and get either laser or electro dessication (desiccation).

it sounds like it is all cosmetic.