Brown spots around base of neck

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Brown spots around base of neck

I've just started getting brown spots around the base of my neck.  Sometimes they itch and other times I don't know they are there. However, they are very noticable. I'm not outdoors much and don't think this would be from the sun.

You can view them at: http://countryfied.net/images/redspots.jpg

Thank You.
From the symptoms it can be ringworm, nummular dermatitis or pityriasis rosea. Treatment for all are different. While it is antifungals for ringworm, it is steroids and antihistaminics for nummular dermatitis and pityriasis rosea. To confirm the diagnosis I suggest you to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get an evaluation as well as biopsy skin done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.