Dermatology Expert Forum
Brownish-red spots on legs
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Brownish-red spots on legs

I have had brownish red spots on my lower legs and feet for approximately 2 years.  I have a pacemaker for atrial fibrillation.  Current medicines I take are Coumadin, Flomax, Norvasc, Klonopin, and my dermatologist has prescribed hydroxyz hcl. for my legs, along with Desonide cream and Betamethasone cream.  None of these medicines have helped.  The spots on my legs and feet do not itch, are not raised and the areas where they are located fluctuate.  These areas on my legs and feet are very warm.  I do not have a cholesterol problem, so I assume circulation is not a problem.  This week some areas on my feet have turned red and inflamed-looking.  I went to the dermatologist again and he said that they are now into a secondary skin layer.  He told me to bath them in Alpha-Keri oil and to continue using the medications he has previously prescribed.  My heart doctor had said once that coumadin can cause these spots.  The dermatologist had said once that some medications could be conflicting with each other.  My family doctor said it looked like capillaritis.  No one seems able to come up with a solution to this problem.  Since my legs and feet are always warmer than the rest of my body, my wife even suggested trying cool packs, which I tried for about 10 minutes, with no change. Can you please help me?