Bruise-like mark on forehead

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bruise-like mark on forehead

I've had a bruise like mark on my forehead for the last 2 months after bumping it. Although it has went down in color, it has never went to yellow or green, it's just stayed purplish-red, somewhat blotchy looking. I though this might have been from having thin looking skin, but I'm not sure. I spreads from between my eyebrows to a diagonal slant that goes half way up my forehead, about 3/4 of an inch wide.

I've tried putting vitamin k on it and I can't really tell if it's working. At times it itches, but not so much anymore. I've never had a mark last this long, usually my bruises clear up relatively quickly.

I also went to a doctor for it but he didn't seem too interested in figuring out what it was.

Is there anything to make this go away or am I going to have this forever?
The blood under the skin which causes the discoloration of bruising should be totally reabsorbed by the body in three weeks or less.

In your case, as the symptoms are persisting for more than 2 months, so it may be due to formation of hematoma because of blood trapped in tissues. This blood may need to be drained.
I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.