Bruise like spot on face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bruise like spot on face

I a 18 male. There are 3 bruise like spots on my face that seem to come and go, but in the same places. Two are right in front of the ear lobes on each ear and other is middle of the right side of the face. The other day, the one in middle of my face was bumped and my face was continuously bleeding a dark red color blood. After about 10 minutes of pressure for a hold the size of a pen head (really small), it somewhat stopped, completely stopping hours later. I do have acne problems and have started working out and changed my diet from whatever (I limited fast foods, etc..) to mostly protein/good fats/good carbs. I take a multi vitamin every day as well.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

I have a few questions :

You have bumped your face ( is this correct) ?

How would you describe the bruise?

Are these flat , elevated?

How would you compare its size?

Any family history of bleeding disorders?

Do keep us posted with your answers.
When I bumped my face, I was just washing it gently with a wash cloth, and it started bleeding (almost a stream of blood) and I couldn't stop it for quite some time.
It looks like a purplish bruise, and it feels like it as when I touch it, it is very sensitive.
They are slightly elevated, but almost flat. They are not like a pimple where they clearly sticking out. Its like a bump, but with a bruise on it.
There size are about 1/4 inch diameter, about 2/3 the size of a dime.
No family history of such a thing. Grandpa is a diabetic.
Also the skin where the bruise like spot is somewhat wrinkly looking. And under this spot is what feels to be something hard and moving from one side of the bruise to the other, not like a pimple.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

This sounds like a vascular lesion. Just to clarify, the "bruises" were present even before you bumped your face?

I suggest you seek consult with a dermatologist . You have mentioned that the lesion also bled profusely at one point ( is this correct), then your physician may need to further evaluate the other "bruises". Your coagulation factors ( blood clotting mechanisms ) may also need to be evaluated. Avoid touching the lesions unnecessarily and make sure to prevent any further injuries.

Keep us posted regarding your physician's advice.
Yes they were present. I am just trying to verify that this isn't acne related.
I have a dark purplish spots that appear on my hands about 1/4".  They last for couple wks. I am 65.
They look like brn age spots but they are purple.  What is it.