Bruise on inner thigh

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bruise on inner thigh

I have what looks like a bruise, feels like an unusual bump,  on my inner thigh, a couple of inches away from my vagina. It's neen there for a few months, and sometimes it will hurt. It dark purple and red, and relatively small. Now it has a little dry skin on top of it. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be or where it could have came from?
It can be a small hematoma or a benign growth of the blood vessels. Apply warm compresses on the bump, but if it persists then you need to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get these two conditions ruled out.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Could be a simple dilated blood vessel. Suggest seeing a Dermatologist if it is changing.

Regards

Dr.Sasi Attili
Consultant Dermatologist
www.onlineskinspecialist.com

Thanks for the help! I went to the doctor and even though she didn't tell me what it was, she sid it had already busted. She said it was nothing to worry about and that I should just apply some neosporin on it. Thanks again!