Bruising on Penis head

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bruising on Penis head

Hi, Im 17 and I've noticed a dark patch on the tip of my penis head. i have not yet had sexual intercourse. i am worried what this may be, pigmentation or something else?. if so any possible suggestions to remove the bruising? thanks.

This discussion is related to Bruise?.

Without examination, confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but it can be contact dermatitis, rash due to friction rub or contact dermatitis. This could be due to trauma which could have caused breakage of capillaries lying just below the surface. Do not cause any further injury till the lesion has healed, which should take about 5-7 days. The discoloration may persist for a fortnight and change colors as the haemoglobin pigment undergoes changes.

Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You  can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the spot persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.