Bubbles on hands and feet

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bubbles on hands and feet

About a year ago I began getting really itchy bubbles pop up on my feet, mostly at the arch, some on the big toes and then I got them on the palms of my hands. If I leave them alone I get really big red spots under the skin where they were, but if I pop them (a clear fluid comes out) the itching feels better but the skin begins to peel. I can't afford to go to the doctor and I would just like an idea of what it could be or if there could be some home remedies or something over the counter than I can use to make this go away. I may go a month with them easing up, then in one day I'm covered in them. Any help will be useful. Thanks.

This discussion is related to Skin bubbles similar to blisters.
hello beth,

I am having a similar issue with my hands.  only my problem seems to surface after my hands have been dry for a while and then they start to peel.  only after the peeling do I usually notice tiny little bubbles in the area. But, once they start they spread all over my hands, but in small patches. when popped a clear sticky stuff comes out. I also have no money for the doctor or insurance. anyone have an answer?
From your symptoms it can be pompholyx. Pompholyx is also called dyshidrotic eczema. The first stage is acute and presents as itchy blisters on the hands, fingers and toes. Then the chronic stage shows more peeling, cracking, or crusting. Then the skin heals up, or the blistering may start again. The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons.

Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

My fingers itch so bad I just want to cut them off and if I scratch them then clear stuff oozes out if them!