Bug bite turned into red spot
I had something that looked like a red bug bite 2 months ago. It itched like crazy on and off. It then turned into a red spot that will not go away. It would itch on an off, one evening it looked slightly raised when it was itching. By morning it was just flat again and has been ever since. I went to my primary doctor to find out what it is...she said it looked like some form of dermatitis. I am not buying that though considering I have never had skin problems in the past. She looked at it under a special light and said it didn't look like fungus. However, when I researched online, it stated that only 50% of ringworm fungus shows up under the special lighting. Another thing to note is way back in September of 2011, my cat had a case of ringworm on his face. About a month later I broke out with scrape looking mark on my leg that itched, eventually it went away with fungus cream but took about 2 months at least. Then about a month after that was gone 2 more spots broke out with similar symptoms and eventually went away. This mark currently just won't budge!! Any advice would be helpful!!!
Ringworm is very contagious. Have you looked up pictures of it on line? If so, does it look like the pictures? Normally it will get bigger ( spread ) not stay one size. Ringworm generally forms a "ring" on the skin...a circular group of sores...hence the name.
It could be almost anything...hard to say without seeing it. It could be a bug bite, eczema, contact dermatitis, ingrown hair, etc.
Ask your doctor to send you to a dermatologist.
It must not be ring worm then because it's not getting bigger it's just staying the same size. Can I post a picture on here?? If so I can show you.
Yes, you can post a picture.
I will post one later