Bump?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Bump?

My boyfriend and I were having sex, and it hurt a little bit.. He asked me what was on my vaginal lip and I said i don't know. He told me it looked like a pimple. I checked it out when I got home. It is sore when I touch it, and it's on the right side of the lip. I'm not sure whether it's something to be worried about or not!! Help! :(
This pimple can be a small boil or an infected hair follicle. Since you are sexually active, so these symptoms can be due to herpes sore. Keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.