Dermatology Community
Bump from tick bite
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Bump from tick bite

I was bitten by a tick about a month ago was told I had Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, I never had any of the symptoms but I was on doxyclin.  I still have a bump where I was bitten by the tick, it doesn't hurt or itch but it is just there.  I am not sure if this is something I should be concerned about.  

Thanks.
Tags: ticks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
How did they make your diagnosis?  Most bites do not cause any disease.  Unless the tick stays on for several days it is unlikely that you will have tick-borne illness.  It is not uncommon for the bumps to remain for weeks or months.
Blank
is a bump from a tick bite a normal reaction
Blank
The ER physician removed a deeply impeded wood tick Nov. 15 from my abdomen. Nothing took the red itchy hard subcutaneous "bump" away, although cortisone ointment helped cool down the itch.  I saw a dermatologist March 16. He called it a granuloma and injected the area with cortisone.  Within a week, it has resolved.  There is just a pale purplish scar.  The bump is gone and there is no itch.  Sweet relief after 4 months of annoyance!!
See a dermatologist.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank